MELBOURNE RACING CLUB DIRECT DEBIT SERVICE AGREEMENT
The following is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with the Victoria Amateur Turf Club (Incorporating the Melbourne Racing Club) Trading as the Melbourne Racing Club, ABN 96 267 203 634. The agreement is designed to explain what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your Direct Debit Provider. We recommend you keep a copy of this agreement in a safe place for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR form.
- By signing the DDR form you are entering into a Direct Debit Service Agreement with the Melbourne Racing Club and you authorise the Melbourne Racing Club to arrange a transfer of funds from your nominated bank account or credit card in the amounts and at intervals advised.
- Direct debit is a commitment for a minimum of one racing season. Members can only opt out of the direct debit program effective from the start of the next racing season.
- If you wish to stop or cancel a direct debit with the Melbourne Racing Club please write to the Club and inform your advised financial institution.
- If you wish to vary, adjust or defer a payment please contact the Club 1300 GO RACE (46 7223) or alternatively through your own financial institution, which is required to act promptly on your instructions. Please allow a 14 day notice period for processing.
- Direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions. It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution that your account is available for direct debit. If in doubt, please check with your financial institution.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that sufficient clear funds are available in the relevant account by the due date to permit the payment of debit items initiated in accordance with the relevant DDR.
- The information that you provide on the DDR will only be used by the Club for the purpose intended. The Club will take reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of your records and account details. Note however, that the Club’s financial institution may require such information to be provided in connection with a claim made on the DDR relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
- Members will be given at least 14 days notice in writing of changes in the amount of their next season’s membership and to the terms of the agreement.
- The first instalment of your seven part payment will be attempted on the 15th of the month following the setup of your DDR with the Club. Further payments will continue on the 15th of each following month, for seven months. If any payment fails to transfer between institutions on the 15th, further attempts will be made in the next five working days to attempt to clear the funds transfer.
- While all payments are attempted on the 15th of the month, direct debit withdrawals can experience a time lag of up to five days. If the 15th of the month does not fall on a business day then the debit will be attempted on the next business day.
- The amount of each instalment will be equal to your total purchase divided by the number of months between the month of your purchase and February 2017. This figure will be rounded up to the nearest whole dollar. For example: 1.) The instalment amount for a purchase made on 1st August, 2016 for $500.00 will equal $72.00 and will occur for 7 months. 2.) The instalment amount for a purchase made on 1st October 2016 for $500.00 will equal $100.00 and occur for 5 months.
- If your debit is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, you will receive a letter requesting immediate payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution will be payable by you. Payments that decline will be recharged with an additional processing fee of $5.00 per default.
- If your transactions are unsuccessful for three consecutive months and you do not contact the Club to rectify the outstanding amount, your details may be passed to the Club’s debt collection agency for resolution. Debt collection costs and the outstanding fees will be recovered from the defaulting payee, as a debt to the Club.
- The Melbourne Racing Club reserves the right to suspend your membership barcode should you not respond to letters regarding outstanding debt from the Club or the debt collection agency. A suspended barcode means you will not be able to gain access to any of the Melbourne Racing Club racecourses.
- The Melbourne Racing Club reserves the right to cancel a membership where there are ongoing payment issues, and request the member pay their fees up front the following racing season.
- You will be unable to renew your membership for the following year if there is any outstanding debt from the previous season.
- If you believe that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly or you wish to cancel your Direct Debit Service Agreement please contact the Melbourne Racing Club on 1300 GO RACE (46 7223). Alternatively you can take it up with your financial institution directly.
Should you have any queries in relation to the agreement please contact the Club on 1300 GO RACE (46 7223).