Direct Debit Terms & Conditions
MELBOURNE RACING CLUB DIRECT DEBIT SERVICE AGREEMENT
The following is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with the Victoria Amateur Turf Club (Incorporating the Melbourne Racing Club) Trading as the Melbourne Racing Club, ABN 96 2610 203 634. The agreement is designed to explain what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your Direct Debit Provider. We recommend you keep a copy of this agreement in a safe place for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR form.
- By signing the DDR form you are entering into a Direct Debit Service Agreement with the Melbourne Racing Club and you agree to provide your credit or debit card details to Melbourne Racing Club on request, to be charged in the amounts and at intervals advised.
- Direct debit is a commitment for a minimum of one racing season. Members can only opt out of the direct debit program effective from the start of the next racing season.
- If you wish to stop or cancel a direct debit with the Melbourne Racing Club please write to the Club and inform your advised financial institution.
- If you wish to vary or adjust a payment please contact the Club 1300 GO RACE (46 7223) or alternatively through your own financial institution, which is required to act promptly on your instructions. Please allow a 14 day notice period for processing.
- Direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions. It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution that your account is available for direct debit. If in doubt, please check with your financial institution.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that sufficient clear funds are available in the relevant account by the due date to permit the payment of debit items initiated in accordance with the relevant DDR.
- The information that you provide in relation to this Direct Debit Service Agreement will only be used by the Club for the purpose intended. The Club will take reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of your records and account details. Note however, that the Club’s financial institution may require such information to be provided in connection with a claim made on the DDR relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit or the Club may provide your information to the extent it is required for any debt collection purposes.
- Members will be given at least 14 days’ notice in writing of changes in the amount of their next season’s membership and to the terms of the agreement. Members must notify Melbourne Racing Club of their intention to cancel their membership for the next season otherwise the direct debit program will continue into the new season at any adjusted rates.
- The first instalment of your ten part payment will be attempted on the 15th of the month following the setup of your DDR with the Club. Further payments will continue on the 15th of each following month, for ten months throughout each season. If any payment fails to transfer between institutions on the 15th, further attempts will be made in the next five working days to attempt to clear the funds transfer.
- While all payments are attempted on the 15th of the month, direct debit withdrawals can experience a time lag of up to five business days. If the 15th of the month does not fall on a business day then the debit will be attempted on the next business day.
- If your debit is returned or dishonored, the instalment will be deemed to have been missed and the balance will continue to form part of the outstanding total balance. Accordingly, the amount of your subsequent monthly instalments will increase. For example: The instalment amount for a purchase made on 1 August 2019 for $500.00 will equal $50.00. However, the first month’s payment is returned or dishonored, the total outstanding balance of $500.00 will be divided by the remaining nine months, resulting in a new monthly instalment figure of $55.55 for each of the remaining nine months.
- If your transactions are unsuccessful for three consecutive months and you do not contact the Club to rectify the outstanding amount, your details may be passed to the Club’s debt collection agency for resolution. Debt collection costs and the outstanding fees will be recovered from the defaulting payee, as a debt to the Club.
- The Melbourne Racing Club reserves the right to suspend your membership barcode should you not respond to any communication regarding outstanding debt from the Club or the debt collection agency. A suspended barcode means you will not be able to gain access to any of the Melbourne Racing Club racecourses.
- The Melbourne Racing Club reserves the right to cancel a membership at any time where there are ongoing payment issues or if fraudulent activity is suspected, and request the member pay their fees up front for any subsequent racing season.
- If we have not already cancelled your membership, you will be unable to renew your membership for the following year if there is any outstanding debt from the previous season.
- If you believe that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly or you wish to cancel your Direct Debit Service Agreement please contact the Melbourne Racing Club on 1300 GO RACE (46 7223). Alternatively you can take it up with your financial institution directly.
- The Melbourne Racing Club will close the Direct Debit Program (DDP) following the 15 September 2019 payment run. No further new Direct Debit Payment applications will be accepted after this date.
Should you have any queries in relation to the agreement please contact the Club on 1300 GO RACE (46 7223).