Direct Debit Terms & Conditions
MELBOURNE RACING CLUB DIRECT DEBIT SERVICE AGREEMENT
The following is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with the Victoria Amateur Turf Club (incorporating the Melbourne Racing Club), ABN 96 267 203 634 (MRC). The agreement is designed to explain what your obligations are when undertaking a direct debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your Direct Debit Provider.
- By requesting a direct debit arrangement with MRC, you agree that you are entering into a Direct Debit Service Agreement with the MRC and you agree to:
- provide your credit or debit card details to MRC on request; and
- be charged in the amounts and at intervals advised.
- Direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions. It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution that your account is available for direct debit. If in doubt, please check with your financial institution.
- A direct debit is a commitment for a minimum of one racing season. Members can only opt out of the direct debit program effective from the start of the next racing season.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your direct debit arrangements (for example you believe that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly or you wish to cancel your Direct Debit Service Agreement) please contact the MRC on 1300 GO RACE (46 7223).
- The information that you provide in relation to this Direct Debit Service Agreement will only be used by the MRC for the purpose intended. The MRC will take reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of your records and account details. Note however, that the MRC’s financial institution may require such information to be provided in connection with a claim made on the DDR relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit or the MRC may provide your information to the extent it is required for any debt collection purposes.
Timing of debits
- The MRC will debit your annual membership fee in equal monthly instalments from the commencement month of membership until the following April.
- The first instalment will be attempted on the 15th of the month (unless another date is notified to you) following the setup of your DDR with the MRC. Further payments will continue on the 15th of each following month, up until the following April.
- While all payments are attempted on the 15th of the month, direct debit withdrawals can experience a time lag of up to five business days. If the 15th of the month does not fall on a business day then the debit will be attempted on the next business day.
If a payment fails
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that sufficient clear funds are available in the relevant account by the due date to permit the payment of debit items initiated in accordance with the relevant DDR.
- If any payment fails to transfer between institutions on the date of the debit, one further attempt will be made in three working days later to attempt to clear the funds transfer.
- If your debit is returned, dishonoured or otherwise not received by MRC within five working days of the debit attempt, the instalment will be deemed to have been missed and the MRC shall continue to follow up the outstanding payment with you by any means deemed suitable.
- The MRC reserves the right to suspend your membership barcode should one or more instalments fail to transfer or you not respond to any communication regarding outstanding debt from the MRC or any other person in respect of outstanding instalments. A suspended barcode means you will not be able to gain access to any of the MRC racecourses.
- If your transactions are unsuccessful for three consecutive months and you do not contact the MRC to rectify the outstanding amount, your details may be passed to the MRC’s debt collection agency for resolution. Debt collection costs and the outstanding fees will be recovered from the defaulting payee, as a debt to the MRC.
Variation/cancellation of arrangements
- If you wish to stop or cancel a direct debit with the MRC, please write to the MRC and also inform your advised financial institution. If you do so, you will be required to pay the remainder of your annual membership fee upfront.
- If you wish to vary or adjust a payment please contact the MRC on 1300 GO RACE (1300 46 7223) or alternatively through your own financial institution, which is required to act promptly on your instructions. Please allow a 14 day notice period for processing.
- The MRC reserves the right to cancel a membership without refund at any time where there are ongoing payment issues or if fraudulent activity is suspected, and request the member pay their fees up front for any subsequent racing season.
- If there is any outstanding debt from the previous racing season, MRC reserves the right to prevent you from renewing your membership until the fees have been paid.
- This Direct Debit Service Agreement is intended to roll over across racing seasons.
- Members utilising direct debit arrangements will be given at least 14 days’ notice in writing of changes in the amount of their next season’s membership and to the terms of the agreement. Members must notify MRC of their intention to cancel their membership for the next season otherwise the direct debit program will continue into the new season at the appropriate adjusted rates.
Should you have any queries in relation to the agreement please contact the MRC on 1300 GO RACE (1300 46 7223).