Your Chance To Win - Inglis Spring Trackwork Breakfast!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Rules on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
2. By entering into the Inglis Spring Trackwork Breakfast competition (the Promotion), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Promotion terms and conditions.
3. The promoter of the Promotion is Victoria Amateur Turf Club (incorporating Melbourne Racing Club) trading as Melbourne Racing Club of Gate 22, Station Street, Caulfield VIC 3162. ABN 96 267 203 634 (the Promoter).
4. Entry in the Promotion is only open to residents of Australia excluding:
(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including the prize supplier);
(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 4(a) of these terms and conditions (including natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter));
(c) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter;
(d) persons who have been evicted from Caulfield Racecourse; and
(e) any other persons deemed ineligible by the Promoter.
5. The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
6. In order to gain entry into the Promotion (an Entry), an Eligible Entrant must:
(a) follow the prompts in the relevant email Promoter sends to members on 19 September 2018, and register all required details; and
(b) be available to attend Inglis Spring Trackwork Breakfast on Tuesday 9 October between 6.30am-8.30am.
7. Each individual is only entitled to submit one Entry.
8. The Promotion is open from Wednesday 19 September until Friday 5 October 2018 12 noon (AEDT) (the Entry Period)
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including but not limited to entrant identity and location) and disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible Entrant or who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Prize and Prize Draw
10. The Prize is:
(a) 5 double invitations to attend Inglis Spring Trackwork Breakfast held at Caulfield Racecourse on Tuesday 9 October 2018 from 6.30am-8.30am (Event); and
(b) 5 Inglis Merchandise packs for winning entrants and behind the scenes tour for all winning entrants and guest.
11. The total value of the prize is approximately $200 (incl GST).
12. The Prize does not include transfers to and from the Event.
13. The Promoter will conduct a random electronic draw to determine the Prize winners on Friday 5 October and will notify each winner by phone call as soon as reasonably practicable.
14. In the event a winner cannot be contacted or does not return phone calls by 5pm on Friday 5 October, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, elect to re-allocate those tickets to a new winner and will use reasonable endeavours to notify the original winner of the re-allocation.
15. Each person is only entitled to win one of the above prizes.
16. The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize at its complete discretion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the prize; and (b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, the Event does not go ahead, a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to use the Prize as stated.
17. The Prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward. If the Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or other applicable law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, members and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; any tax liability incurred by any entrant; any prize(s); or participation in or use of the prize. In these terms and conditions, 'Consumer Guarantees' mean the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a State or Territory of Australia.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any participation in the Promotion (including refusing entry to the Event to any person including a prize winner) to anyone deemed to be displaying abusive language, displaying unsafe, drunken or inappropriate behaviour at the Event or who otherwise has potential (in the Promoter’s absolute discretion) to in any way damage the brand, reputation or image of the Promoter or any of its sponsors.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the application process or who has breached these terms and conditions, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if deemed necessary. The Promoter shall much such determination in its absolute discretion.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and will release the Promoter from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize) and will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Promoter in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize).
24. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time and for any reason.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, misplaced or misdirected entries.
26. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and each entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.